Monday, 4 May 2015

Got me thinking it did

Do you remember the border collie who knew hundreds of words and the name of all her toys?

Well it got me thinking just how special our dogs are.

So I jotted down the words and things I say that my Pods recognise.

Some are just Flute's and some are both Tips and Flute.  Obviously some are names of people that they would recognise and some are things we teach on purpose and many are ones we have taught by accident!

In no order at all:

Flute
Tips
tutey
titty bumbum
aardvark
sit
down
stand
whoop ( recall which actually means heehaw cracking food awaits you oh super pod)
toy
bunny
rabbit
yabbits
runnies
meeeeces
Mice
foxylox
go to bed
peepies
walk
tatas
Bruce
Mam
Caroline
Frank
grandma
grandad
ella
Zaffi
hup ride ( jump on Ella for a ride, or for Tips all four feet on Pod egg)
wanna ride
not yet ( slightly different to wait it means hold off just a second I am not ready)
hup 
cuddle
heel
get in
wait 
stay
not be long
want a drink
hungry
want to go out
weewees
feet up
all four
gonna getchya
walk on
find the yabbas
get over
watching ( are you watching?  I think something very interesting is around keep watching! also a pose request for photo)
I see ( I see a rabbit or fox or mouse, not necessarily a release...also a photo graph pose )
not be long
oh poor baby ( magic cuddle that fixes all ills)
off
feet floor
ahha ( my version of NO)
leave it
out the kitchen
rear
back up
bow
kiss
bacon
blurgh
that one
go ( release signal for most things)
psssss ( go catch meeeces/ yabbas)
too far
tumble
rossi
tink
buzz
tilly
puggy
no
find it
keep going/ trying
Whoopsie ( again keep trying but that wasn't quite right)
get it
thank you ( my drop it command)
hot ( similar to careful but temperature linked haha)
careful
other side/ way ( mostly lead getting caught round tree or similar)
get over
go to mat
Sam
autumn
kath 
Posse
justine
sheep
go through
steady
watch out ( near death experience)
let me look ( are you hurt? let me look)
Shush
be quiet

Shut up ( in that order)

So I recon that is just short of a hundred how many do you think your dog knows and why not try increase his knowledge.

Then you have all the hand signals, cues and body language.

Never underestimate your pet dog, they've picked up an awful lot despite all!

I can just tell I will be adding to this list as I remember....

No comments:

Post a Comment