Saturday, 1 December 2012

Petnanny's Ninny Nativity

I still feel slightly shellshocked hehe.

We had a great turnout despite the odd late drop outs which always happens.  Despite the weather a whopping 34 dogs turned up with their respective families and even the rain held off for us.

I have to say I much prefer more time to plan and next time I am going to have a formed and definite plan of how we are going to do something!

The costumes were just magical and so much effort had been put in, though I have to admit naked baby Jesus ( Rez) and Chav Jesus ( leyla) made me laugh as I am pretty sure Jesus didn't turn up in Chanel leather and pearls but then Jesus wasn't a pug!  Our Human Jaysus was not impressed with the lack of warmth for the event and despite Mad Mary( Cait ) feeling a little overwhelmed I am pretty sure that will have been authentic which mother turns up to an event with a well behaved baby at all times?!

We had a great showing of shepherds and a couple of sheep, the black sheep Maddie)should have swapped with the blonde sheep( Duke) as their roles were clearly reversed!  Our oxen( cow Millypoo) was unfortunately stuck in traffic but I feel the donkeys did actually make up for it with Smurf and Izzy doing a great job though darling Izzy was more Eeyore than Little donkey.

The camels( Flute and Tips) did far better than expected as rarely are beasts of burden left to fend for themselves and Tips had bad thoughts about going feral until absconded by a rather fetching king with a tremendous Mo nabbed him.  The random bright king( me) was completely overwhelmed and felt very much like the headmaster trying to placate everyone at the school nativity whilst trying to rein in a bunch of children  after they went awol in a sweet factory.

The angels were indeed angelic with Mick and Minnie being exceptional with a holier than thou look on their face that really becomes them.  Truffle in true staffie fashion was angelic until she got bored and then had a bit wander before begrudgingly playing her role beautifully.  Xena Angelic princess was angelic whether she wanted to or not as she was absconded by the very King Mo that had a hold of Camel number two.

King number two ( Sam) had her girls by her side looking rather lovely though I feel the lamb( Pixie) had a petulant moment as I definitely remember her flailing around on her back at one point.  We had another King on standby and I feel he should wear his crown more often as it really did suit him ( Archie) very regal he looked too.

Our very own star ( Roly)was a little subdued as it was all a bit rushed and he sat in the middle of the madness with the most reluctant sheep ever seen( Poppy) or was that Duke ( he most definitely should have come as the black sheep of the family)looking around looking a little disgruntled at the lack of fun and entertainment.

The inn keeper had a very appropriate look on her face ( Isabelle) I think she could have turned away people with one look whereas Mary Moo could have had any look on her face we simply couldn't see as her little face was swamped by costume!

Mary and Joseph stuck with their plead of innocence ( Willow and Charlie) by sitting like pro's never even giving each other a look.  I think a couple of the shepherds( Tallulah and Wobbily) were more Whirling dervishes than dependable carers of all things woolly.

Our little foreign sheep (Fluffy) deserves a special mention for his impeccable behaviour and also Debbie for her tremendous costume and beard!  Lastly Bobby who is going to be on sitting detention forever as he was diabolical!  I recon he had managed to work his magic on the innkeeper and was worse for wear!

I think the hardest part was trying to manage the humans and I lost Laura PetNanny's official photographer at least most of the time!  In a sea of faces I couldn't even spot her lens so next time I shall have to provide her with a tabard, a lanyard and pass then provide a fence to keep the throngs back haha.  Laura does love a challenge though so next time I think we will see her on her beautiful mule taking full advantage of the better vantage point as long as she can see past those fabulous ears.

The photos can be found here : http://www.onlinepictureproof.com/chamfronphotos/albums/other_events/312134

And as you can see as usual they are brilliant.

I would also like to thank Fluffy's mam for doing my boys wonderful camel costumes and my mam for helping me with my random king costume.  Thank you to Kim Leighton who I blame fully for me holding the mini event!

All in all it made for a very interesting afternoon and I would like to say a heart felt thank you to all who made the effort to come out on a cold November day with their treasures dressed up in order to help animals in need.

So far we have raised over £500 with Kim's Tuna cakes, Sue's dog biscuits and Sharon's delicious human cakes not only being gratefully consumed and contributing handsomely to our monies raised.  Thank you to Elliot who made our great crib, Mini Pony Hire for yet again raising money and turning up in costume with Smurf to keep the kiddies happy and Edward heslop for allowing us to borrow some straw in the vain hope of keeping at least some of the doggy bottoms dry and comfortable.

I now have a mission!  That mission will come clear...I hope most of you are up for it and I promise it will involve no dressing up, lots of cake for us and treats for the dogs.

We are aiming to hold a Nursery Rhyme themed event August/ september time with a great walk and fun and frolic so we need everyone to get their thinking caps on to choose a charity to support and for costumes and if you would like any games throughout the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment