Wednesday, 29 June 2011

It's oh so quiet

What is that I hear? Silence? No it can't be.

I can hear the birds, I can even hear the pugs snorting away but what I can't hear is Beagle. Now I can see Beagle, in fact you can't miss him as he streaks across the field. No surely not, it can't be? Has my wish finally come true?

I call him over, stroking him all over his body, nope I can't find it...so maybe my wish of having a volume button fitted hasn't come true. What on earth could have caused it? Don't get me wrong I am not knocking it it is just odd you know, like seeing the moon in the sky during the day. It doesn't see right.

I look around to find Alex aghast, Sam has a funny enigmatic smile on her face maybe I imagined her popping her finger to her lips but even if I did I am going to do just that. Shhhh say nowt revel in the moment and hug that quiet beagle.

Jasper you are a star.

So are you still with me or are you feeling you have the wrong blog?

I prefer to go out walking, I love the changes you see the change of terrain yet the field does allow you more freedom, freedom to mix the guys so the slow guys can mix with the livelier ones, both having the choice to either do their own thing or mingle without the pressure of the walking too far.

As is often the case today was a day of funny partnerships. I could have watched all day as Lola chased Flute round the field a dumpy busy puggle running with every once of her body with a lanky streak of devilment cruising along. This ever lasts long as Poppy ( feral puppy) simply can't resist the aggravation. Now Poppy has lots of rules that must be abided by. No one really knows these rules except Poppy! So Flute cruises by with a pugnacious puggle hot on his heels and she whips in like a cruise missile, down Lola goes. Lola loves these games. They tumble, a mass of red fur with lots of huffing and puffing. Flute then becomes the hunter instead of the hunted, he barks with a bark far too low for his frame. first he torments Lola his first playmate, soon he can't resist Poppy. He knows this is a dangerous move so he is ready for flight just as well too. With a harsh bark Poppy rages, offended by the rule breaking and once again Flute becomes the hunted. A high pitched squeak means he is in trouble she is going to hunt him down. Lola joins in with the course, long grass not even slowing their flight. Soon Flute is down, long legs failing him on a sharp turn. They are on him in a shot and now they are a mass of red and white. As soon as he regains his footing up he goes and its back to Lola chasing Flute and Poppy chasing them both.

It makes Nanci and Maddies game seem sedate. I say game though I am not sure Maddie knows the plan. Nanci boxes her leaping and diving, ducking about. Maddie runs, she loves being chased but she is quite bemused at the boxing. So she ducks, dives and rolls over tail furiously spinning. She even starts squeaking before dashing off in a circle of sheer giddiness before diving straight in front of Nanci to start boxing all over again. They hardly travel 7ft but the air prickles with excitement.

Bertie and Beau have more carnal desires on their mind...they only have eyes and noses for Tash. Tash is used to admiration, she loves the feeling of unadulterated worship. She walks past and the boys are on tenderhooks, positively quivering at her delightful smell. They will of course go to far and not stick by the strict rules of decency, one sharp word from Tash and hey fall back in line happy for now to just be following in the wake of the beautiful one.

Today was a day of appreciating, appreciating the guys, seeing the relationships playing out their interactions in front of us.

Enjoy it for as long as it lasts, they are only with us for so long after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment